USBSwiper Star Developer at eBay Live! 2008
Andrew Angell receives a PayPal Star Developer Award at eBay Live! 2008 in Chicago, IL. Only seven developers were awarded this year for achievements that improve the user experience and customer service on PayPal and eBay.
“eBay and its community depends upon third-party developers to drive innovation and to create the tools that drive buyer and seller engagement,” said Max Mancini, senior director of Platform and Disruptive Innovation at eBay, who announced the winners today at the seventh annual eBay Developers Conference at Chicago’s McCormick Place West convention center. “It’s with great honor that we recognize these award winners for their achievements and innovation.”
Award Winners Included
- DSR Rockstar – ShipRush by Z-Firm (USA)
- Most Innovative Application – Jaast for Wii by Scendix Software (Germany)
- Early Adopter – iRibbit by Aduci (USA)
- Service to the Developer Community – Joe Fox (elzorro) of BD Network (UK)
- Best Design – Kyozou Widget by Kyozou (Canada)
- PayPal Most Innovative Application – Eventbrite (USA)
- PayPal Service to the Developer Community – Andrew Angell (angelleye) of USBSwiper (USA)
Award Runners-Up Include
- DSR Rockstar – ezSupport for eBay by HostedSupport (USA)
- Most Innovative Application – Mobile Alerts for Sellers by ahTXT (USA)
- Early Adopter – GarageBuy by iwascoding (Germany)
- Service to the Developer Community – Anthony Sukow of Terapeak (Canada)
- Best Design – Video advertisements for eBay listings by Vzaar (UK)
The Star Developer Awards are presented annually to recognize the talent and dedication of members of the eBay Developers Program who have shown the most innovative use of the eBay and PayPal platforms and made extraordinary contributions to the community.
“The Star Developer Awards embody the best of what the eBay platform is all about by taking advantage of an extensive and unique set of ecommerce-focused Web services, driving community engagement with buyers and sellers wherever they are, and creating sustainable businesses,” said Kumar Kandaswamy, senior manager, eBay Developers Program.
The PayPal Developer Community, established in 2001, is an online community of 400,000 registered Web developers, Web designers and software developers who provide e-commerce technology solutions using the PayPal platform. The program is among the largest of its kind in the world, offering developers free access to technical tools, online payments resources and related third-party applications. More information about the PayPal Developer Community can be viewed at PayPalDeveloper.com.Tags: eBay Live 2008, ebay star developer, paypal developer conference 2008, paypal star developer, star developer award