Don’t let the small jump from 3.2 to 3.3 fool you. The new USBSwiper is packed with feature requests! Take a look at what’s included…
PCI Compliance Updates
In previous versions, credit card data was encrypted, however, it was still stored internally within USBSwiper. With version 3.3 this is no longer the case. Card data is only stored until it’s successfully processed, at which point the data is wiped clean from USBSwiper and only “display” fields are shown (ie. xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-4532).
Invoice Items Updates
The drop-down list in the items area of invoices now sorts alphabetically instead of numerically on the internal ID. Also, the custom item ID field can be edited directly on the Invoices screen to add items rather than through the drop-down list or the search area. This way you can quickly add items if you know your own ID or if you have a bar-code system in place.
Authorization Features Now Included
USBSwiper 3.3 includes the ability to authorize a credit card prior to capturing the final order amount. This feature was requested mostly from restaurant owners who would typically need to apply a tip after authorization the customer’s credit card. You may configure USBSwiper to automatically authorize all new invoices or you may set each individual invoice to authorize only when necessary. The authorization is just for $1.00 and immediately releases the authorization back to the bank. It’s simply used to ensure the card is valid.
Sales Tax, Discount Codes, Handling Fee Updates
These features have been completely revamped to allow multiple options for each. You may now set up a complete table of all sales tax rates you might need. For example, if you charge different rates for different counties/cities you can easily include them. Also, inventory items may be marked as Taxable to ensure only the items you need to tax are included in the sales tax calculations. Discount Codes and Handling Fees can be maintained much like sales tax. You can add as many different codes as you like and each can be either flat-rate or percentage based. You may set defaults for each within your Setup screen and you may adjust invoice individually as well.
Version 3.3 now allows you to adjust the currency processed on the invoice. You may set a default currency within your Setup screen and you may also adjust the currency on each individual invoice as needed.
More General Updates
- Internal notes from USBSwiper are now included in requests to PayPal so they can be seen in the PayPal transaction details.
- Partial refunds and the ability to leave refund notes has been included. Multiple partial refunds are also available up to the original full amount.
- Added option to print invoices without displaying the options dialog so you don’t have to say OK when you print an invoice. This option can be set within your Setup screen via a check box.
- Fixed invoice items so that if you edit the name(s) on the invoice screen it reflects on receipts and in PayPal transaction details. Previously, it would still use the name that was stored in Products.
- Added last 4 digits of credit card number and the PayPal transaction ID to all receipts.
- Added shipping address information on Invoices. If shipping information is included it’s passed to PayPal accordingly.
- Re-activating a software license no longer creates additional Setup records, therefore, you can re-activate without causing confguration problems.
- Fixed a bug where a validation error would occur when switching to Key mode after having already swiped a credit card.
- Added options to the payment type field to help maintain all types of transactions: Cash, Check, Money Order, Other.